Thursday, September 04, 2008

RNC: Really Nasty Caucasians


I tried to being objective.  I really did.  And after the first day, I kept my objective head and gave it a decent grade.  They delivered their message of service first and courage and all that good stuff.  As a sales pitch, they made me curious enough about the product to listen more.

Then the true angle of the Republican National Convention was revealed.  With Thompson.  With Giuliani.  With Palin.  With so much red meat, I had to run after a tofu burger to balance it all out.

The convention is soaked in anger, cynicism, and, to an extent, hate.  Rudolph Giuliani and Sarah Palin's speech summed it up.  They tore apart Obama's community service, threw out his experience as a state legislator and Senator, lied about his record, and were unable to offer details of McCain policy proposals.

She revealed herself as a puppet with few words to say on her behalf.  The Republicans are definitely happy with her performance.  But analyzing it objectively, she just preached to the choir.  She was a cheerleader, not a speaker.  Giuliani was the mascot.

The main purpose of Palin's speech was to introduce her and show off her VP credentials.  I am still waiting...

lhp


No comments: